Router Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22,014 Posts
Here is the info on the Rikon impeller. Rikon Service #: 877-884-5167 M-F, 8-5 EST. ask for the impeller for 60-200. It was $119.00 + shipping a couple of years ago.
Thanks Bob. I finally saved that to my woodworking folder. I think I might go for it just to see how well it works. Dust collection is a really big deal to me. Pneumonia and then an emergency surgery has really messed up my breathing (and voice), so I'm being super careful about DC these days. My daughter is closing some clients and I get a nice cut, so I'll be able to afford it. The new rockscape pretty much tapped us out.

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,311 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
How much does it increase the CFM, Gerry? Also, how many more amps does it pull with that impeller?

David
I installed mine in 2016. Here were my results that I posted in a different forum.

My DC uses 5" duct, reduced to 4" at three drops, it is ducted through a Super Dust Deputy and exhausts outside. The longest run is 41', using a handheld anemometer, here are the results.
Before: the average at all three drops was 325 cfm
After: average 640 cfm. However, it does make the motor work more, using a amp clamp meter, here is what I found.
Before: Startup amps, 14.27 Running 10.17
After: Startup 18.7, Running 12.7

The only change I have made since is to add a drop for my lathe.

·
Registered
603 Posts
How much does it increase the CFM, Gerry? Also, how many more amps does it pull with that impeller?

David

I'd have to actually install it in order to tell you. Which may be a while, as my wife wants to buy a new house in the spring..... which will likely keep me very busy through the winter.

·
Registered
22,014 Posts
I installed mine in 2016. Here were my results that I posted in a different forum.

My DC uses 5" duct, reduced to 4" at three drops, it is ducted through a Super Dust Deputy and exhausts outside. The longest run is 41', using a handheld anemometer, here are the results.
Before: the average at all three drops was 325 cfm
After: average 640 cfm. However, it does make the motor work more, using a amp clamp meter, here is what I found.
Before: Startup amps, 14.27 Running 10.17
After: Startup 18.7, Running 12.7

The only change I have made since is to add a drop for my lathe.
Bob, Thanks for the numbers. Fortunately, I have 20 amp circuits in the shop. The system works fine as is, but doubling CFPM sounds good.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.