Router Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
@DaninVan...
I used some over sized fender washers and bored them out to 5/8''...

I still say do this freehand w/ your T&G set...

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Mike; yup that's my plan. Gary mentioned the shaper head late on in the conversation; it's the perfect solution. i have one, but not the knives i need for it, so back to plan A...my original question " is it safe"? Stick and Charles told me to just do it! ;)

(i heard you guys had a bet going that I couldn't find it...)
I'm shocked. I saw a picture of your shop once and I was betting that you don't even know what the floor looks like anymore.>:)

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
I'm shocked. I saw a picture of your shop once and I was betting that you don't even know what the floor looks like anymore.>:)
I saw it too...
how he even finds the light switch is a miracle...

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Maybe there's a strategy...probably where he hides his "stash"...

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
I didn't need to turn them on; lots of daylight with the garage door open. :)
as impossible as it looked to find or even get to you must open it from the outside.. eh...

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Maybe there's a strategy...probably where he hides his "stash"...
oh yes...
his stash...
hidden in plain sight...

it'll still take heavy equipment to get to...

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Charles; you're a genius! How did you even remember it was in there???

https://www.routerforums.com/tools-woodworking/143903-dado-stack-question-2.html#post2143091

I do have it... it's more of a bushing than a washer. It's 1.5" in dia. and .310" thick, about 5/16".
I stacked my two outer dado blades horizontally with that bushing in between. My caliper suggests about .29+/-" as the space equaling the tongue after cutting. That'll probably shrink a bit once I mount them on the arbor and tighten them down.
I may have to mount a couple of chippers to get a wide enough cut ie all the waste removed across the thickness of the boards.
(*does the Happy Dance*)

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I use mine occasionally. Maybe more like rarely but once in a great while it winds up being the best tool for the job.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts