Router Forums banner

1 - 3 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm beginning to lose it fellas. Have not been in my little "shop" since last Oct. Went in and tried to cut a couple dados using my table and a miter in the slot. Work piece just slid away in direction of cutting bit while I tried to hold it against face of miter. My mind is blank-how do I cut dados with my bit in the table say, rather than laying workpiece on bench top etc.etc. I just seem to remember I've done it before!!?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, I think I was trying to do something the HARD way...trying to save time and remembering I HAD done it that way last summer. Now, here are the REAL questions. I need to cut dados in some 5" wide 1" think pieces. The dados will receive shelves made of 3/4 stock. What is the BEST bit to use. I'm going to get a ClampEdge tool I think and used that to run the dados across BOTH pieces (sides) at the same time so they will perfectly match. I KNOW I've done this before! HA! But I think the ClampEdge tool might be a very helpful item to have around. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, you've got it Gilbear. That is exactly what I am going to do and it is what I USED to do until my brain shorted out the other day!! I'm tellin' you fellas: if you don't use this stuff all the time you start to forget from one time to the next. And yes, the Clamp Edge is the device Rockler has. I planned to order it and am happy to hear you say you use it.
Next time maybe I can post something helpful. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 6 Posts