Router Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm Danny from Texas and this seems like I should go with the 12 step process.

I'm a bit older and am just now starting to get into woodworking with a router. I've been making sawdust for a little bit now, but wanted to increase my knowledge base and learn how to do new things.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
welcome Danny...
12 steps...
you have a shortcut???
here... head over to this link for a bit of reading that may help you out some w/ your knowledge quest...

Reactions: dirt_dobber

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Welcome, Danny...you're gonna love it here...you will get lots of help...including spending your money...:grin:

Reactions: RainMan 2.0

·
Registered
21,694 Posts
Hi Danny, happy that you decided to join the fun. Woodworking is a pretty nifty addiction--I mean hobby. Many of us here are a little older, and we range from newbies to old hands. I'm attaching a pdf about the 17 things that helped me accelerate my learning curve. It's kind of long, but has pictures. A number of folks printed it out and kept it on hand because you may find parts of it that don't really apply at first, but will as you add to your tool chest and knowledge.

I've done DIY projects nearly all my life. Lived in an OLD farm house that needed constant repairs when I was a kid. But woodworking is a whole different thing. But at least DIY gets you on the track.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
John
6,962 Posts
Welcome to the router forum, Danny

·
Registered
Theo
7,194 Posts
Welcome aboard. And older than what?

·
Official Greeter
19,750 Posts
G'day, and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
Welcome to the Router Forums Danny. One more Texan to add to our numbers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.