Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After struggling for a while trying to get the wire reinforced vinyl hose ends on to ABS fittings and idea was struck...
Went and found several metal shoe horns and used them to facilitate getting the hoses on to the fittings along with some dry lube...
No muss no fuss.. The hose fittings slipped together so sweetly, as in right now...
Now I have to try and not think about how many times, with sometimes serious difficulty, I've done this chore....

·
Registered
577 Posts
Good idea.

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
Genius! And the heat gun idea is also good. Why is it that a 4 inch fitting can measure 3.75 to 4.25 and still be called a 4 inch thing a ma jig? And why don't they routinely give ID and OD dimensions? I have a big box of 4 inch fittings that don't fit anything. A Rockler guy came up with a rubber hose with clamps on each end that really works for connecting. I see similar stuff in plumbing supplies, but never thought to try them out in the DC world.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Genius! And the heat gun idea is also good. Why is it that a 4 inch fitting can measure 3.75 to 4.25 and still be called a 4 inch thing a ma jig? And why don't they routinely give ID and OD dimensions? I have a big box of 4 inch fittings that don't fit anything. A Rockler guy came up with a rubber hose with clamps on each end that really works for connecting. I see similar stuff in plumbing supplies, but never thought to try them out in the DC world.
look to the world of Fernco..
Fernco Flexible Couplings and Adapters | Fernco - US

1 - 7 of 7 Posts