Router Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My table has pretty good dust collection, but I was wondering if anyone has had good luck with a particular style of dust mask or respirator. The biggest problem I have is on humid days dust masks make my glasses fog up.

Any advice would be apreciated.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Try cleaning your glasses with an anti-fog cloth specificaly made for eye glasses.
Available at vision centers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use the Trend Airshield since I do a lot of wood turning also. It seals around your whole face and blows filtered air down across your face. This air movement eliminates fogging of the glasses.

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In your opinion, does it work well enough to justify the expense? Also, did you have to get extra battery packs, or does the one included pack work well enough?

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you plan to use it for more than 4 hours a day, you will need the extra battery pack. I am often in my shop for more than 4 hours but I don't need the airshield on the entire time. I tried the Dust-B-Gone mask among others but I didn't like breathing into it, I just find it uncomfortable. I personally think the airshield is worth the expense, since I do a lot of turning, because there is no such thing as adequate dust collection on a lathe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had same problem then hooked router table to collector and took box fan with duct taped furnace filter on it and blows from router table away from me so even if some gets by filter it goes away from me.

·
Registered
132 Posts
kp91 said:
My table has pretty good dust collection, but I was wondering if anyone has had good luck with a particular style of dust mask or respirator. The biggest problem I have is on humid days dust masks make my glasses fog up.

Any advice would be apreciated.

Yes I have the best dust mask around, Or at least I think so It is the (northCFR-1 dust mask with 21 filters-117003)I think you can get to the web by typing www.northCFR-1with21filters.com If you can't get it I will try to fine the web for you OK.But I have glasses and they never get foged up. It is just a great mask. Learning herb

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
A dust mask/respirator with the exhaust valve will help stop fogging of your glasses.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts