Router Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the Bosch 1617EVSPK, currently $185 at CPO or $179 at amazon, through CPO refurbished for $117! It's $129.99 and they dropped another 10% once I went to the cart (I think that promotion expires soon though).

In all, I paid $182 for the router with fixed and plunge bases, the RA1054 edge guide, and the RA1173AT 3 hood dust extraction kit.

A big THANK YOU to everyone who replied to my intro post a couple weeks ago to recommend CPO, suggest those accessories, or simply say hello.

Yeah, I'm a bit excited today!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Good deal. The more I use that edge guide, the more I like it. It does pretty much anything the most popular aftermarket product does, but for less money.
earl

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
Good deal ya got there. I have several tools I bought from CPO including a DeWalt 10 inch compact table saw. Never had any operational problems.

You are going to like that router.

·
Premium Member
19,239 Posts
Great tools at great prices. I appreciate it when people share newfound bargains. The Bosch is a real workhorse.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Just bought one from the local Lowes for $149.00 minus 10% for veterans. Mine was just the router & not the plunge base. I screwed up & bought the 1 year warranty from Lowes before I got home and saw on the box that I had that from the manufacturer. At least I'm well covered for a year. lol Haven't had a chance to use it yet but I like the features.

Thought I did alright until I saw Ashley's post. I didn't shop as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought one from the local Lowes for $149.00 minus 10% for veterans. Mine was just the router & not the plunge base. I screwed up & bought the 1 year warranty from Lowes before I got home and saw on the box that I had that from the manufacturer. At least I'm well covered for a year. lol Haven't had a chance to use it yet but I like the features.

Thought I did alright until I saw Ashley's post. I didn't shop as well.
Earlier this week i picked up a 1617evspk at lowes for 129 with a 50$ gift card i had, and questioned the 1 and 2 year warranty from lowes, and if i understand it correctly, it only comes into effect when the manufacturers warranty is expired, but the year starts from the time you purchase it. So basically the lowes and manufacturers warranty overlap, but lowes wont replace it unelss the factory warranty is up.

·
Premium Member
19,239 Posts
I have taken up a habit of doing a web search (Bing) for lowest price for whatever Item I want. I also routinely check online at HD and Wal Mart where they deliver to the local store (no shipping charge) and sometimes find that's cheaper and the return policies are very generous. Really large, heavy tools I like to get from Rockler so I can check out the packaging before buying.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow! You guys south of the 49th parallel sure get good deals. I just ordered the Bosch 1617 EVSPK with fixed & plunge bases from Amazon.ca for $279 Canadian.....best price I could get. Even factoring in a 32 cent exchange rate I'm still paying waaaay more than you guys. I just hope when I get it that it makes pretty good designer firewood or I will be miffed. Next time I'll have to look into ordering from the states....if I can find retailers that will ship to Canada & still provide the warranty. I have tried ordering Nikon stuff from the states....no success....won't deliver across the border or, it would void the warranty. Apparently Nikon Canada won't service stuff with U.S. serial numbers anyways.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Wow! You guys south of the 49th parallel sure get good deals. I just ordered the Bosch 1617 EVSPK with fixed & plunge bases from Amazon.ca for $279 Canadian.....best price I could get. Even factoring in a 32 cent exchange rate I'm still paying waaaay more than you guys. I just hope when I get it that it makes pretty good designer firewood or I will be miffed. Next time I'll have to look into ordering from the states....if I can find retailers that will ship to Canada & still provide the warranty. I have tried ordering Nikon stuff from the states....no success....won't deliver across the border or, it would void the warranty. Apparently Nikon Canada won't service stuff with U.S. serial numbers anyways.
Russ - I head to Florida for 6 weeks every winter (going at the end of January). I purchase my tools down there, get them shipped to my condo. I bought the 1617EVSPK from CPO Tools for $189 US last year. Still way cheaper than Canadian prices and being there for 6 weeks, we can bring back quite a bit of stuff duty free. I've also ordered from Rockler while there. The complex I stay at accepts shipping for me, no problem.

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Vince; you can bring back woodworking equipment duty free at any time, ie there is no duty on it...somebody here pointed out that it has to be at least partially made or assembled in the US to qualify. I'm guessing that restriction doesn't apply if you do the longer stay thing(?).

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
I never buy the extended warranties on any tools. I have never had one fail in the first 2 years, (1yr.factory+ 1 yr. extended) so I figure if any do ,I will still be money ahead anyway.
Herb

1 - 14 of 14 Posts