Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally ordered a fence system for my Table Saw and after a lot of research decided on The Mule. I really liked the Incra, I hope maybe 5 years from now I decide I am actually good enough and sharp enough to utilize it. It takes up more room, and the final nail in the coffin was the 6 to 8 week lead time from purchase to ship. Biesmeyer I liked, feels rely well made but the Delta thing and cost when I compared it to the Mule scratched it off.

The Vega was the one that ran neck and neck for me. The only thing that worries me were a BUNCH, of recent reviews on the Rockler web page made by their customers who purchased it saying they had received units with cracks, poorly machined, and a couple warped. Tickets own customers on their purchases of a Vega made from Rockler. That's a red flag. I really liked the round bar for the sludimh mechanism just because it seems like that would move smoother.

Like I couldn't find anything wrong with. No bad reviews. If I was really looking for a reason to nitpick I guess the fact that it's ugly color and all aluminum would be the only thing I could reach for.

So that concluded that chapter in this project.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Is it "tapatalk" or is it shorthand?
But There are whole sentences in there that I truly do not understand.

Bob...it is Sludimh-ism...a very old language originally developed by the Sludimh-ites. On or about the 224th day of the original Sludimh calendar around 4,862 BC the Sludimh-ites, after centuries of communicating by way of aligning wood chips, decided they had more of a need for warmth than communication. So the entire civilization collected their respective talk-a-chips and had a Sludimh Day in the great Sludimh temple (center of the then known Sludimh civilization).

A great scholar, Sludimhnico Verascarogna, proposed that a new form of communication be developed. Now you can imagine the difficult time he must have had just to communicate a totally new way of communicating.

Well, obviously he succeeded and Sludimh-ism was born...to this day there are a few followers left that practice it...(may have become today's Tweets)

Hang in there, Tom...the auto-correct gods will favor you soon...

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I don't know if they've changed the rails Tom but mine are steel on the fronts and my fence slides very well on them (saw and bandsaw). I think the rear rail that holds the end of the fence up is aluminum but I didn't use mine as I opted to add a small out feed extension instead. The old Rockeell is pretty narrow behind the blade and it benefitted from the out feed extension.

I'll be back home in a couple of days and I can take a picture of mine for you. And if you have any questions when it comes time to install it just pm me and I'll do what I can to help.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm 6'7 350lbs fellas. I played Div 1 college football and have broken every finger on both hands., some multiple times..so even without the arthritic fingers and enlarged knuckles , I've had guerilla hands my entire life. I buy the biggest phones I can get when they come out, but damn it if occasionally on a big post it doesn't all get away from me. It's irritating as Hell. I push a wrong button, auto correct makes it worse. It's my nightmare. I apologoze...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know if they've changed the rails Tom but mine are steel on the fronts and my fence slides very well on them (saw and bandsaw). I think the rear rail that holds the end of the fence up is aluminum but I didn't use mine as I opted to add a small out feed extension instead. The old Rockeell is pretty narrow behind the blade and it benefitted from the out feed extension.

I'll be back home in a couple of days and I can take a picture of mine for you. And if you have any questions when it comes time to install it just pm me and I'll do what I can to help.
Thanks Mr Chuck

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
I'm 6'7 350lbs fellas. I played Div 1 college football and have broken every finger on both hands., some multiple times..so even without the arthritic fingers and enlarged knuckles , I've had guerilla hands my entire life. I buy the biggest phones I can get when they come out, but damn it if occasionally on a big post it doesn't all get away from me. It's irritating as Hell. I push a wrong button, auto correct makes it worse. It's my nightmare. I apologoze...

Tom...no apologies allowed...it is affectionately called "typonese" here...we all use it frequently...

And we just cant wait for an opportunity to interject some humor...

My bad...but I'm sure it will happen again... :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm NOT pissed...here is the all time best story.

I live near a town call Ducor

One day on Facebook I typed "on the way to Ducor"

Spell check and my gorilla fingers changed it to

" on tyhe way to Divorce "

Never realized it until I gitt about 20 replies if condolences and a tearful call from my wife....who ironically I ended up divorcing 16 months later...

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
I'm NOT pissed...here is the all time best story.

I live near a town call Ducor

One day on Facebook I typed "on the way to Ducor"

Spell check and my gorilla fingers changed it to

" on tyhe way to Divorce "

Never realized it until I gitt about 20 replies if condolences and a tearful call from my wife....who ironically I ended up divorcing 16 months later...

Now THAT is a story...way better than mine...😃

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Tom,
what Nick said, its written while smiling.
But add in the fact I speak "English" English, as opposed to "American" English, and you can see why I very often lose the plot on here.

But I will not have auto correct on, even if it does take me 15 minutes to type this.
You need to get Oliver to make you a times three oversize keyboard.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts

So, basically you speak Typonese. No need to apologize, a lot of us have the same problem...I don't like to text on my iPhone because of my fat fingers. Auto-correct and I, also, have a love/hate relationship.

Don't take it personal...Nick was only ribbing you, and did a great job doing it. You have to admit...great story telling ability on his part:wink:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Tom I think you will be happy with the mule fence. I have one on my Delta series 2000 table saw and it works great.
It was easy to install.

Regards Bob:smile:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I don't take it personal. Besides woodworking I'm also into Wet Shaving. I have some razors over 100years old, brushes, the whole nine yards, and those forum guys aree just ass hats. You guys seem to be a good BUNCH.

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
Bob...it is Sludimh-ism...a very old language originally developed by the Sludimh-ites. On or about the 224th day of the original Sludimh calendar around 4,862 BC the Sludimh-ites, after centuries of communicating by way of aligning wood chips, decided they had more of a need for warmth than communication. So the entire civilization collected their respective talk-a-chips and had a Sludimh Day in the great Sludimh temple (center of the then known Sludimh civilization).

A great scholar, Sludimhnico Verascarogna, proposed that a new form of communication be developed. Now you can imagine the difficult time he must have had just to communicate a totally new way of communicating.

Well, obviously he succeeded and Sludimh-ism was born...to this day there are a few followers left that practice it...(may have become today's Tweets)

Hang in there, Tom...the auto-correct gods will favor you soon...
That is just a story? I was believing it, what a let down.
Herb

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Yeah I don't take it personal. Besides woodworking I'm also into Wet Shaving. I have some razors over 100years old, brushes, the whole nine yards, and those forum guys aree just ass hats. You guys seem to be a good BUNCH.

You're a better man then me...I have a modest collection of straights (last count over 500) as well as brushes, strops, mugs, etc. I never had the fortitude to try shaving with one. I think I perused that forum once. If it is the same one, then you aptly described the, um, gentlemen that are there. :grin:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You gotta shave with them...lol. I am noit into the straits, I use safety razor and an old Gem Micromatic Open Comb from the 20's. Once you decide to pay the blood price, after a couple months you get the absolute best shaves of your life. Plus it's kind of therapeutic for me.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
My grandfather never shaved with anything but a straight razor and watching him hone it with his leather strop was like watching a craftsman at work. My dad had one too but most used his Gillette double edged with the infamous blue blades. I decided to try the straight razor one day and it turned out to be a blood letting. I can't even remember if I finished shaving with it. And that was also the last time I tried it.

By the way Tom, I know your pain. I'm 6' 2" and 320. I also have guerilla hands, not made for typing on Iphones or tablets and barely able to use a full size keyboard.

Reactions: Herb Stoops
1 - 20 of 24 Posts