Router Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this sander over the weekend. OH MY GOD! IT IS AWESOME!!!
I haven't sanded anything over 18 inches yet, but just sanded some cabinet doors and had to do a little dance after. Wow, what a time saver.
If I run into any problems with it I'll post it, but for now I'm hugging it every time I walk into the shop.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello...Can you tell me the thickness of material that your delta will handle?I have tried to find this out on the description.... but no luck .
Thanks,
Frank

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And the answer is...

Hello...Can you tell me the thickness of material that your delta will handle?I have tried to find this out on the description.... but no luck .
Thanks,
Frank
It will handle 4 inches deep by 36 inches wide.
Be careful if you need the full 4 inches, I went beyond the max once and had to get it repaired as the belt slipped and it would no longer move.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Great to hear you're enjoying yours! I'd like one too, and I've been looking at (drooling over....) both the Delta and the Jet. Is there anything in your experience that makes one better than the other?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't worked with the Jet. The Delta works well, but has a tendency to get out of true. Basically it has 4 posts that all have to be at exactly the same height and if they aren't it's a bit of a pain to get back in balance. If it is in balance it works very well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts