Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am second owner of a 15-20 yr old Delta 34-444 contractor's table saw. I have been looking for a router table and am realizing that my shop space is too limited for another table footprint. I have been researching for router table extensions that I can install in place of the stamped extension wing on this saw, and I cannot find any router table extensions that make any reference to this Delta model series. I am interested in the Benchdog Promax cast router table extension, but the only Delta saws that are mentioned compatible are a number of 600 series saws. Does anyone have any recommendations?

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I am second owner of a 15-20 yr old Delta 34-444 contractor's table saw. I have been looking for a router table and am realizing that my shop space is too limited for another table footprint. I have been researching for router table extensions that I can install in place of the stamped extension wing on this saw, and I cannot find any router table extensions that make any reference to this Delta model series. I am interested in the Benchdog Promax cast router table extension, but the only Delta saws that are mentioned compatible are a number of 600 series saws. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Welcome to the forum, Jim. If the saw has a 27" front to back table, any 27" tablesaw router extension should work. Worst case may need to drill a couple of mounting holes, but cast iron is easily drilled!

·
Official Greeter
18,797 Posts
Hi Jim. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bench Dog Router table Extension

Jim
I have a 36-979 Delta and the Bench Dog extension table works just fine on it. I looked your saw up and I think the only trouble you will have is the rails that your fence rides on. My saw came with a Biesemeyer fence so it already had the flat (L-shaped) rails to mount the table extension. If you want to use that saw, I see a new fence in your future.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same extension on a Delta 34-410 that is the same saw except for setting your stops. and that was one of the best investments I have made.
Good luck you will love it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts