Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have used this saw for several years. I was blowing out all the sawdust with a blower this morning and when I attempted to pull out the lock down knob to raise the blade it wouldn't budge.
I had to go get a punch to bang it out. Also can't push it back in unless I hammer it (easily). The saw was in the back of my pickup truck overnight and the temp went down to 40 degrees. Would a slight touch with a torch loosen it? I did apply wd-40 to the pin where I could. I can hold the blade down with a stretch cord but would like to fix the lock down pin. Any ideas?

Thanks, pll8on (Phil)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hello Phil,

Check out this website called eReplacementparts.com

I put your saw in the search box and found this "exploded" diagram.

Based on what I see if you need a "new" pulley the replacement part is $ 100.00. Time to get a 12" miter Saw.

But if you only need the spring and some gaskets and washers. It is better to fix the old saw.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Delta 36-585 Parts List and Diagram - Type 1 : eReplacementParts.com

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Neil

·
Registered
477 Posts
We use a product called "Buster" for these type of problems. We use on large Cat Equipment as well as small set screws. The product is sold by IBS. I am sure there is web page for this company.
We have used it and found it to be far superior to any other rusted or sieized itemes. Good Luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Delta Saw 36-585

If you can see the pin how about trying to sand it down a little although it seems strange that this occurred after blowing the saw dust out. It sounds like something was lodged in the saw somewhere.
If I could bang the pin out I could replace with a bolt and nut. A little inconvenient, but I could at least lock the blade down. (loosen the nut to pull bolt out and tighten the nut to lock down). I tried turning the pin with vice grips but it doesn't turn, figuring it might loosen any obstruction. Maybe the pin hole got banged out-of-round during transport after using it on a job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.