Router Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Welcome to the forum. A picture of the pulley in question would be good. Many pulleys have a groove where a key slides in and there may be a set screw as well to hold in place but a picture would confirm that maybe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks,

The front spindle is slotted/ grooved and the pully is cast to slip over the grooves. When the DP is being used the shaft is designed to travel through the pully. ie no set screws. The back pully does have a set screw.
The problem is the the DP is in the down position the pully wants to slip off the lower bering and the pully comes off the shaft.
Please see the attached pics.
It seems the bering and pully should not seperate as they are in the 1st picture?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Looks to me that the bottom of the front pulley is damaged. Looks like it should be a 1/2" longer in spots I bet it was pressed into the top bearing. I wonder if you stopped the spindle from traveling so far by adjusting the stop nuts down a bit if it would still be usable. That is probably a tough pulley to find going by the vintage. After a little digging I just found this site it may help. Delta Rockwell 15" Drill Press Parts and Service They also have the 14" parts here. DP220l 14" Drill Press Parts and Service

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks Roxanne,

Thats what I have done as a stop gap measure, Adjust the stop nuts down. I am researching the DP220l 14" Drill Press Parts and Service for possible solutions, in lieu of buying a new high spead or low speed assembly.
I can see what appears to be a broken quill (the part that goes up and down). You can see the drive teeth that guide the quill through the pulley. And the break seems to be above this. Did you find any loose pieces? If it's not the quill then I have no idea.

·
Official Greeter
19,759 Posts
G;'day Philip, welcome to the forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.