Router Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks to all for giving me input and suggestions. Here is my finished end table.
I passed the boards through thickness sander few times to remove most of the tear out, then used random orbit sander to 220 grit paper but couldn't remove the bumpiness completely. Applied shellac,, then ended up with 15 coats of polyurethane to achieve mirror finish. I really like the stripes, looks like the back of fine guitar or violin.

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
that is sweet...

·
Registered
17,392 Posts
Beautiful outcome . What an amazing grain that wood has , great choice

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
Sorry if that last comment of mine sounded like I was being critical. Absolutely not! All I meant was that we all have likes and dislikes; for me, Navaho style angle patterns make me agitated...I hate them no matter how beautiful the patterning.
I don't know how I missed this picture before. When I saw it, my first thought was, you could make a wild chess board, with a design like that - and I am sure someone would be willing to pay big bucks for it. Me, I think I would not want one in my house; if I made one, it would be a for sale item only. And I think I might have just figured out how to make one quickly, and easily. The really, really, bad part if I made one, some idjit would come along and call it art.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts