Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
David
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once you get all the pieces cut it's time to decide which pieces will go where and in what order and orientation. There are many ways to do this but I chose to just take one from each batch and see how it looks on this one. So I thought I'd do a lighthearted video of the process.

Enjoy!
David

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts
I have something you CNC guys would love. Yesterday going thru a bunch of old papers, I found an envelope sent by someone to me for whatever reason. I has three large sheets in it, with apparently identical designs on each. No explanation of what it is, so I have not a clue. At first I thought it was likely instructions for a chair, as I have several of those I got years ago. But there is no signs that any of the pieces go together. It vaguely looks like a peredactical (?) skeleton, but I don't think so. Whatever it is of, it would be a real pain to cut out except with a CNC. And once it was cut out I don't know if anyone could figure out what it is, or not. I'm thinking I may just pass it all along to one of you CNC guys to mess with. Gaffboat, interested?

Reactions: ggom and MEBCWD

·
Registered
Mike
3,843 Posts
I have something you CNC guys would love. Yesterday going thru a bunch of old papers, I found an envelope sent by someone to me for whatever reason. I has three large sheets in it, with apparently identical designs on each. No explanation of what it is, so I have not a clue. At first I thought it was likely instructions for a chair, as I have several of those I got years ago. But there is no signs that any of the pieces go together. It vaguely looks like a peredactical (?) skeleton, but I don't think so. Whatever it is of, it would be a real pain to cut out except with a CNC. And once it was cut out I don't know if anyone could figure out what it is, or not. I'm thinking I may just pass it all along to one of you CNC guys to mess with. Gaffboat, interested?
I think we all have a plan or two that we got several years age and open it up and can't figure out why we bought it or like your's, what it makes.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Nice Job David - like the homage to Frank's videos. I imagine doing one really makes you appreciate how much work goes into doing a video of that caliber. Like the cutting board too!

I have a few videos planned. Want to do good quality, but will probably not be as entertaining, I'm shooting for educational.

hey, @JOAT, post a picture of the plans.

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts
hey, @JOAT, post a picture of the plans.
Hah, so this is the thread I posted that in. Already posted a picture, such as it is, here.
http://www.routerforums.com/lobby/128113-alien-skeleton-bluprints.html Still got two left. Waaaay more time to cut them out for my taste, mainly because I have never had any interest in the alien. Can't imagine how I wound up with them. If it was something I liked, no biggie, I would go ahead and do it. But I don't like it. So, figured some CNC guy would like to play with it. And, one does, it will go in the mail today, if I remember to post it. LOL Want one PM me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts