Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I've a 625 that shut down as if the plug had been pulled, within a few seconds it started back up again. It then slowed and made a noise like it wanted to run at normal speed but couldn't quite make it. I've checked the motor brushes but they are fine. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Cuthbert, welcome to the RouterForums. Thanks for joining.

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Greetings Cuthbert and welcome to the router forum. We are pleased you have chosen to join with us. Sorry I can't help but someone will be along that can give you some suggestions.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Hello cuthbert, and welcome! It is possible that You have a bad switch, or wire If it has different speeds, You can check that area out also. If You have a continuity tester, You may want to check for bad connections between the switch and the plug. Did You notice if the armature was discolored, That may mean that the brushes are dirty or stained. It has to have a good contact with the motor commutator to get power. If it has sparks when under load that would affirm bad contact. The tester will have a battery, and You will want the plug pulled for all tester checks. It only tells You that the bulb in the tester is getting a contact when You hold the contacts between two lines in the motor. Check on the Net for continuity tester, and how to test. My instructions to you are very hard to follow, Sorry! Normally, the symptoms You describe is not caused by the motor itself, so I think that fixing is a good probability.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi

Blow out the switch,they do have springs inside..

=========

Hi I've a 625 that shut down as if the plug had been pulled, within a few seconds it started back up again. It then slowed and made a noise like it wanted to run at normal speed but couldn't quite make it. I've checked the motor brushes but they are fine. Can anyone help?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts