Router Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
It also sounds to me like you might be trying to take too big a bite on each pass. The tripped breaker and the feed stalling are clues. I don't know about that particular machine but my 16" King has a steel feed roller in front of the head and a rubber roller past that head. I've replaced the rubber roller and I may be in need of replacing the steel one or trying to resharpen the edges on it. It resembles a gear and after 1000s of board feet the edges on it may be getting dull and losing their grip but you shouldn't be having that issue yet if your machine is fairly new.

Reactions: dirt_dobber

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I was cleaning saw blades the other day with some Trend Bit and Blade cleaner. It works well but it left some sticky residue on the saw plate so I tried spraying the plate with WD40 to see if it would help get the residue off and it worked like a charm. I might just try using it next time instead of the Trend and see if if does as good or better on it's own. The residue was from cutting fir and pine and the oily solvent in the WD40 may soften it better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.