Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
many thanks for your help --

just started seeing this issue -- wood stalls in feeding -- router keeps running but wood stops feeding -- like the rollers are stopped
or just spinning -- if you push -- you can complete the cut -- there is a line across the wood where it stopped but no discernible change in cut / depth -- specifics are: speed 2 -- dimensioning, depth of cut -- 1/32", walnut, 4 - 6" wide, spiral head, drive belt looks OK but it just
occurred to me that i haven't looked to see if it is running when the feed stops -- need to check that --

first occurrences were after 30 m of use so i started resting the planer 15m or so but this am was on the first piece through

very infrequently i have had the 20A wall breaker flip and everything shut down -- planer is only device running on that circuit --
it has also happened recently but i can't say its tied to the other --

took off the top cover and vacuumed out the dust -- nothing amiss that i could see --

appreciate your thoughts and direction --

larry

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you --

i had checked the manual for that sort of stuff and it is no help --

would you have any links to info on how/what to do -- i've replaced the drive belt, put in a spiral head so i know my way around
the planer a bit -- i periodically clean and lubricate the depth drive screws and they run smooth --

how do you access the rollers ?

any specifics you could provide would be greatly appreciated --

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i ran down a couple of utube videos on cleaning the rollers -- one of those presenters recommended Simple Green -- didn't have that but we have used a cleaning product called Awesome in other settings that has worked well -- it seemed to work OK -- i could see "damage" on the front roller -- scattered marks, tracks -- looked to be superficial -- rear roller was smooth -- found in the utube search, a presentation on how to replace the rollers but it was on another dewalt model -- but the attachment of the rollers to the underside was the same so the difference appeared to be in removing the drive linkage and sprockets -- each roller is ~ $70 -- so i am hanging hard to the old adage -- if it ain't broke ..... and going forward as is -- until it gets a lot worse --

i appreciate all the helpful responses -- and i am embarrassed to admit that it never occurred to me to just turn on the planer to move the rollers -- i got fixated on the idea that you had to physically remove the rollers to clean them -- i am very adept at constructing the most complicated solutions to the simplest problems -- and that is why this forum is so useful to me -- thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.