Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone got a dewalt 745 table saw, mounted on the dewalt mobile stand model DE7400?
I'm looking for a couple of measurements to know if I have room to buy one.

I need the saw table height when its ready to use.
I need the left to right width of the whole thing.
I need to know the diameter of the dust tube.
Thanks very much.

·
Registered
21,695 Posts
Here's a video review that will give you a good idea of the dimensions folded and unfolded. It is hooked up to a 2.5 inch dust collection vac. Looks to be less than 36 inches high unfolded. Saw dimension of the 745 according to Amazon listing: Table top is 22.72 x 29.21. Depth of saw body is 16.73 in

·
Registered
21,695 Posts
Watching a video review of the saw showed the it hooked up to a 2.5 inch dust collection vac. Looks to be less than 36 inches high unfolded. Saw dimension of the 745 according to Amazon listing: Table top is 22.72 x 29.21. Depth of saw body is 16.73 in.

From British Amazon, 7400 dimensions: Dewalt de7400 the minimum height of the bed is 22cm, with the legs folded up' -- with the legs open, the height of the Bed is 53cm. And with dw745 saw attached your cutting bed will be 88cm.

Video quick review:

Sorry about the mix of metric and imperial dimensions, but it's what I could find.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tom, I'm confused. According to amazon (uk) the saw is 85 cm x 68 cm x 37 cm.
From the same site, the stand is 84 cm x 50 cm x 21 cm.
That makes the stand smaller than the saw.

Those numbers dont make sense when when looking at pictures. I really need someone who actually has one to measure the gap needed to fit it in a line of other equipment..

·
Registered
21,695 Posts
The 7400 stand dimensions are for the height of the stand's top surface. I couldn't find anything on the width of the stand, but it is clearly more than the saw's width. However, the saw is stored on its side, so the total floor area it occupies when folded up is pretty small. The width of the stand appears to be about 1.5 times the width of the saw.

The legs splay out, and I couldn't find any measurement on that. To get the floor dimensions of the legs, you are correct, someone with the saw and stand will have to measure for you.

The area a table saw requires is always going to be determined by about double the length of the workpieces you are cutting with it.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The saw will be stored on its stand ready to use. But I am seriously short on space so need it to be ready to be wheeled out into the middle so I can use it. All the websites give the folded package size which is irrelevant to me.

So far I havent had much luck with customer support whenever I've tried. I seem to be the person who asks the question that has never been asked before. If I cant find someone with one I will give them a try.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.