Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys I'm new here, I have been using routers for 35 years and this part has got me scratching my head, I can not work out how to use it or even what it is for? I can't even find any images of it being used on the web. My elu router came with one and I presumed there was a part missing so I bought another thinking it would have a steel bush guide to insert into it but no, any help would be appreciated or just an image of it in use would help me get a good nights sleep, the first in 35 years!!! TIA

·
Registered
36 Posts

Guide sleeve / copy ring holder type 2 for upperfräsen
for DeWALT for DW624, DW625E, DW629
The guide sleeve holder can be used in combination with the height-adjustable guide sleeves from DeWalt: D-DE6310-XJ, D-DE6327-XJ, D-DE6330-XJ, D-DE6340-XJ.
The guide sleeve is inserted into the holder and this ingenious system allows the height of the guide sleeve to be individually adjusted. For example Routingwith thicker Stencils, a higher copying sleeve is usually recommended for stable guidance. The guide sleeve holder type 2 is screwed to the base plate of the router like an ordinary guide sleeve.

Guide Bush
looks like they do a few different sizes

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
This is one of those times when I would particularly suggest contacting DeWalt Customer Service for direction. It definitely looks different form the guide bushing systems I've used. I suspect there may be a missing part or two.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

The guide sleeve holder can be used in combination with the height-adjustable guide sleeves from DeWalt: D-DE6310-XJ, D-DE6327-XJ, D-DE6330-XJ, D-DE6340-XJ.
The guide sleeve is inserted into the holder and this ingenious system allows the height of the guide sleeve to be individually adjusted. For example Routingwith thicker Stencils, a higher copying sleeve is usually recommended for stable guidance. The guide sleeve holder type 2 is screwed to the base plate of the router like an ordinary guide sleeve.

Guide Bush
thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I knew it wasn't complete when I first bought it. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
Retired since June 2000
15,065 Posts

Guide Bush
If that is what it's for, and I don't doubt it, it is so unnecessary.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.