Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone just new to the form and I am trying to decide on which router kit to go with. I purchase the 3 base Dewalt kit DW618pk for a Clearance price of $259 at our local Hd store, but after reading the reviews on the web wondering if it is worth keeping. My problem is most posts that have issues with the Dw618 are old. Has any one had issues with the magnet breakage or other issues in the last year.

Also which is the better unit for durability the Pc 893pk or the Dw618pk

thanks
Steven

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I love my little 618's. The dust collection out does almost every other router and the dust collection goes up, a must for me. I have 7 of these little babies and several since they initially came out. NOT ONE, not a single one, has ever broken, not one part, not one piece.

I am not sure what is on the web, but from my personal experience they are fine little routers. I use them along side my Festool routers.

My PC 892 just sits looking pretty and rarely gets used. I finally upgraded the PC Router base to the new DeWalt design that PC came out with, now I may use the PC 892 a bit more. I just love the DeWalt plunge base style dust collection.

I might sell the PC 892 if I had the right offer though, but not any of my 618's.

·
Official Greeter
19,967 Posts
G'day Steven

Welcome to the router forum.

Thank you for joining us

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you ever use it upside down table mounted apparently the issues show up when used this way, Also how precise do you find the plastic ring adjustment on the fixed base.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.