Router Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This little project of 26 Walnut awards used most every tool in the shop but I did my best to be efficient and consistent with the steps so I could make these as identical as possible. Here are the steps outlined in the video below -

Enjoy!
David

·
Registered
193 Posts
Great job on the plaques and I really liked the jigs. Learned a lot from this. Also, the video editing and use of close-ups was super. A lot of work went into the video and overall, the video quality was spot on.

·
Registered
Mike
3,959 Posts
Another great video David. Good work flow and great simple jigs to cut the parts correctly and stay safe doing it.

Reactions: difalkner

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,244 Posts
Nice video, David. Some great production fixtures and tips.

Reactions: difalkner

·
Administrator
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Administrator
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi David,

Yeah, the base plate where the CNC did each individual hole (4 per base) for the pegs. But yeah, I really did like watching that video; was a cool project.
If the posts were round that would have been an option but I needed the CNC to cut square holes for me. Thanks for watching the video, Cindy!

David

·
Registered
233 Posts
Ahhh okay! Now I understand the significance of that. And thanks for posting it, David.

I am the type of person that even if I never get to do it, as long as it's interesting, I will watch, listen and learn. I have actually had half-way intelligent conversations with people/strangers, at get-togethers, who were into things I never experienced and they even appreciated my questions because I showed some intelligence/knowledge of the subject. And I was taught long ago, not to be afraid to ask questions if I don't know. (Don't try to pretend you know something you don't!) That shows I am listening/interacting, interested, often makes the other person happy, and then they get to explain something they love and I even learn something out of it. Win-Win.

:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.