Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Pretty neat setup, Stan, and looks like a perfect result. But I'm wondering why they didn't just provide a CAD drawing of that piece, especially as simple as it is.

David
What I got from the video was that the customer wanted the digitized drawing made from their paper template. I think he cut the part as a demo to us to show how accurate the digitization process using his large format digitizer.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The company sent me 3 paper templates and you're right they just wanted a dxf and pdf format , one template was about 98in long.
These templates were drawn up in location so a cad could not have been made.They could not afford to purchase the jumbo drawing board (asof now) but in the future
they will, and they are not straight lined tempates.
I needed a large template to do a demo so I asked them if I could use one of there templates and they said yes
And I used a sheet of lexan to bring the point of an exact fit home, expensive yes but so is the drawing board
I enjoyed it and my next venture is a aircraft fuselage and it will be 1/4 plywood
Whats really amazing here is the drawing over the 2 table joint as there is no sensors there, you just move the template and re-draw I will be showing that next

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.