1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts
Dan that’s really sharp , love the detail . Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
No paint. Just a nice mellow stain, or put a finish on just like it is.

Reactions: RainMan 2.0

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
that castle look amazing. The one I did for a little ones toy box is no where as detailed but they wanted the Disney friends. I did paint it.

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,194 Posts
Beautiful!

·
Registered
Theo
6,930 Posts
Nice. Buy you have to be really cautious about doing anything Disney related. Some years back a day care in FL redid their interior, and got some Disney characters painted on the walls. Well, seems the Disney corp got wind of that. Not sure what the whole story was, but the Disney characters wound up getting painted over., I got the impression Disney wanted money. Walt would have hated that. The day care then asked Warner if they could use some of their characters, and Warner immediately gave them permission to do so, with no obligation. Yea Warner. Boo Disney. So, if you go to jail for doing this, we want pictures.

Reactions: jw2170

·
Registered
122 Posts
Greed = Evil = Disney

Reactions: Stick486

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts
Wow , I’m not normally a big fan of painting,but this rocks

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
I love it. I think you are OK if you don't sell it. Any variation, an extra tower or two, or placed differently, ought to change things. Just look up the castle Disney used as a model and rename it the _____ Castle. If you try to sell it, you could have some hassels. Change the color scheme slightly should help.

·
Registered
Theo
6,930 Posts
Looks good, but I would have gone with a stain. Painting something like that just seems wrong somehow.

Reactions: kcortese12

·
Official Greeter
18,750 Posts
Great result, Dan.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Nice. Buy you have to be really cautious about doing anything Disney related. Some years back a day care in FL redid their interior, and got some Disney characters painted on the walls. Well, seems the Disney corp got wind of that. Not sure what the whole story was, but the Disney characters wound up getting painted over., I got the impression Disney wanted money. Walt would have hated that. The day care then asked Warner if they could use some of their characters, and Warner immediately gave them permission to do so, with no obligation. Yea Warner. Boo Disney. So, if you go to jail for doing this, we want pictures.
Yes, copyright infringement is very serious. The NFL will crack down on people too! I even contacted the NFL for permission, but their guidelines are very strict, and want $150,000 for a license to produce NFL merchandise. I tried to get a small business one, but they won't do it. It's nice that Warner Bros. gave the day care facility permission to use their characters. Somebody turned them into Disney. How rotten is that?

·
Registered
121 Posts
The person who painted this did a really nice job. I can tell they put a lot of time into it. I probably would have gone with a stain too. I like some of the wood grain to show through and not have solid color. I do use solid color for sign lettering, but for art work, or carves, I prefer the look of stain. before I seal the wood I use watered down acrylic paint which sinks in real nice, shows color, but lets the wood grain show. Use good acrylic paint, not that junk in the plastic bottles at the craft stores.

Reactions: Cncest
1 - 15 of 15 Posts