Router Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning folks,

It's 7.37AM here. Coffee? :moil:
Well, what do you folks think of this DIY CNC Router for a beginner like me? Is it too much for me? I'm okay around that number. Getting a branded CNC is no bueno, it will cost me 2-4x that number.

:thank_you2::thank_you2::thank_you2:

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,267 Posts
I made it to a little over 5 minutes on the first video before he dropped the first F bomb and shut it down. Looks like a decent machine for the money, from the little bit I saw.

David

·
Registered
104 Posts
Others here with much more experience than I have may comment, but I found it odd that he did not build any up and down adjustment in the Y axis plates. The top and bottom bearings are both fixed. Given that he drilled the holes in the Y axis plates freehand on a drill press, I wonder how accurate his spacing was.

All that said, my entire experience is with one commercial and one hobbyist CNC, so take this in that context.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
One of these days I will finish building mine. (Life factors forced my priorities to change on that) That said, a lot of the parts he is using plywood, it maybe worth the upgrade to aluminum plate. The aluminum will provide a lot more rigidity which is important to a CNC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.