Router Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since I can't find any Aluminum Track, I had to make the slide. No bid deal, just thought I'd post some pictures.

I cut down a piece of Oak fire wood. Had to make it match the track and be level with the table. Counter suck the bolts and done. They are vey tight and don't wobble at all! They work great! Got them @ HF by the way.

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
nicely done...

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Stick. It was kinda tricky with just the table saw. Would have been a lot easier with a router table and a band saw. Those will come with time and funds! Since I made these I have picked up an Grizzly 8" jointer (used but mint) and a Grizzly 15" Planer (new) and various hand tools. Great hobby!

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
The King Canada planer is built to last by the look of it eh Dan? Very sturdy.I want one
I've had one for maybe 20 years and pushed several thousand board feet of lumber through it. It's a workhorse. 1/8" cut per pass. There are a few other brands that are the same planer. My older model is 16" wide and I've run 6 x 16" timbers through it and 2 x 10s on edge. The newer ones won't raise that high.

·
Premium Member
Retired since June 2000
15,065 Posts
There is another way on a non magnetic table, glue a sheet of galvanised iron on to the table top and use the magnetic style of feather board. The second shot of a corner of my shed shows such a sheet of galvanised iron glued beneath the grinder, but in this case to stop water from dripping into the draw.

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
For the saw tables with straight slots (no tee shape) or for drill press or router tables with aluminum channels added you can use this pinch bar I designed to hold feather boards in place. It's sitting on top of a thin strip ripping jig I made. It will hold with a surprising amount of force without tightening the knobs that much.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.