1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
just another day...

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Nope, I quit 45 years ago when i gave my wife a bouquet of flowers and a heart of chocolates and she looked at them and said whats the matter your girl friend didn't want them? I can't remember if it was me or her that threw them in the garbage can. but that was the end of I heart you day for me.
Herb

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
...when is it, by the way...?

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Herb; the proper response would have been, " No; I got her lingerie from Victoria's Secret..."
But then you probably wouldn't be here with us today.

...deserves a ROTFLMFAO :lol:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I would say that we "observe" the day rather that "celebrate" it. The day is a card-giving day, but after 48 years of wedded bliss there's not much we can give to each other that has not been given before. Also as retired folks, we have to watch the purse strings. A month before Valentine's Day is our anniversary, and Christmas is a couple of weeks before that.

The love we share is much more valuable than any material gifts.

Besides, for gifting this year we have had to make some major purchases that - financially - will be remembered as gift stand-ins for the rest of the year.
A new vehicle to replace a 15-year-old one that got totaled
A couple of new large appliances
A replacement for our old bed
And on the low end of the budget, she got me a midi lathe for Christmas.

Our biggest concern for Valentine's is finding a birthday card for a friend who was born on that day.

Graeme

-Graeme-
Sent using Tapatalk while wondering what router to take

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Nope!!

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,167 Posts
Never have.

Reactions: jj777746

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Haven't needed to worry about that sort of thing,but went close a couple of times. James.

·
Registered
346 Posts
As I recall it from my youth, it was a day when you sent a girl you loved an anonymous card or letter, and hoped she would guess it was from you. Then the 'commercial' penny dropped!

·
Registered
944 Posts
WOW !!!!!!

I have a hard time understanding some of the statements posted !!!!

This year will mark our 40th anniversary. We like every other couple have had our ups and downs but we have always worked it out and YES, WE HAVE ALWAYS CELEBRATED VALENTINES DAY !!!

So many of those comments sound like guys are just too cheap to show their better half some appreciation for putting up with them for so long !

Cricket, looks like you opened a can of worms !

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Well we exchange cards, and with the cost of two of those you can buy some steaks, kiss and know life is good. We still have a date night each week, say I love you always and make sure each other knows we're appreciated. Lord knows I'm a lucky man and I know it as well. It's the small things, gestures, and desires that keep us going.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts