Router Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts
lol, thanks. The mitre saw, shop vac, the 2 rolling carts, the service tool cart with endbox and the welder usually go outside or into the car shelter, which leaves adequate room to work inside on small things; and I use the 10x10 space in the driveway between the garage and shelter to do the big woodwork. I have 2 worksurfaces setup outside for larger things - have a look at my car subwoofer build thread. I think I figured out why my neighbors built an 8 ft solid fence, lol. Keep in mind, I live within the city limits of Liberal Toronto, where you are allowed to do nothing....unless you're me. :dirol: I try to keep the noise and dust to a minimum during appropriate hours, and also feed my neighbors alcohol and bbq every couple of days.

It's all about making the best of what I have......all this stuff, the car and my sled really deserve a 2000 sq ft shop with a couple of hoists, but GoFund Me has blocked me lol. The more time I spend out there, the more organized it gets. Also, keep in mind that about half my car is spread out between there, the basement, the sheds and in my kid's room as well lol

Attachments

you related to Stick???

Dan....
do you actually believe you can get anybuddy to admit to that???...

Reactions: tulowd and DaninVan
Beggars can't be choosers, but I am thrilled that I have resurrected my passion of working on a car and doing heavy modifications. I did most of the work on this build myself (car was 95% stock when I started) incl all suspension work in the driveway, incl coilovers, basic alignment, ride height, etc. I've done solo engine swaps here and also adapted the 13" 4 piston Brembo brakes from an Alfa Romeo to fit this car. They get dedicated rotors and pads for when I trailer to the race track, as well as a duct cooling setup.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

I call it the "Ghetto Build"; should be driving sometime this summer...

Attachments

Not so much for insurance purposes, but I did list some items in my Bio when I joined.

I was surprised how many tools I owned...(not by comparison to others...I did visit BJ's "shop" in 2012 and walked away in awe)...

I've often wondered what happened to the HUGE number of quality tools that Bob had, routers, at least a different one for each day of the week!
His wife emailed when he died but I was never able to contact her on that email address.

Reactions: jw2170
I think it was more like a router for every day of the month Harry. Like you, I hope they went to good homes.

Reactions: jw2170
41 - 49 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.