Router Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow woodworkers,

I have an e-mail from a Montreal based retailer of everything to do with woodworking, and it shows a big powerful router for only $279 with table top adjust ability. I recently bought the Bosch but I am curious about this one.

Cheers,
Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
No idea, Dan; sounds Italian? Even if it's really well made if there was a problem, where would you find support/parts?

That's always my criteria. I see these off brands of plumbing fixtures...mostly from Europe...and I shudder. The buyer will need parts in the future. Good luck on that!
Been burnt on lighting from HD (China); defective unit; "We don't carry that anymore." But..but..but

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
where was it made...
call their CS/TS and see who you get..

·
Premium Member
19,009 Posts
Same price as the 3.25hp Triton TRA001. Have never heard of the one you found, but if your going for a table mounted router, the Triton is my choice. They now have very good support, and lots of people here like it. Can't really attest to customer service, the Triton hasn't had a problem.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
the Triton is my choice.
They now have very good support,
and lots of people here like it.
Can't really attest to customer service, the Triton hasn't had a problem.
but you said you can;t attest to it...
how many is a lot of people Tom...

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yes, an Italian manufacturer. (That's the limit of my knowledge.)

Sent using Tapatalk while wondering what route to take

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
The name and second line looks like Italian. I would be cautious about getting parts and service. Do your homework on it. Personally, I would buy a known brand. You could gets lots of info here.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
Paul
1,835 Posts
I think Freud was selling rebranded Felisatti stuff. I know their router fence was identical. I'm not sure if that's good though... I believe Freud decided to get out of selling power tools.

Or maybe Felisatti is Freud's power tool line???

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
You're right Paul. It does remind me of Freud routers. I had one. They were crap. That's both my opinion and the opinion of the repair shop I took it to when the armature gave out prematurely. New router- $275, new armature- $265.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Triton is way more than this in Canada

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Chuck,

That basically answered my question. I have seen it advertised also at Busy Bee a few months ago.
I'm happy I bought the Bosch set and still have my big King router if I need more power.

Cheers,
Dan

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Paul,

Thanks for sharing that photo. It does look just like the Freud.I like some Freud products such as router bits. When completed my router table will have a Freud fence and dust collection for the top and I also bought a Freud power switch.

Cheers,
Dan

·
Registered
Paul
1,835 Posts
...I like some Freud products such as router bits. When completed my router table will have a Freud fence and dust collection for the top and I also bought a Freud power switch...
Busy Bee sells the Felisatti fence, which as far as I can tell is the Freud one. I looked at it and wondered about the dust collection properties. There seems to be quite a gap between the hose coupling and the fence opening. It might not be an issue on a proper dust collector but could be on a shop-vac.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts