Router Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Purchased a Durex 13 inch Scroll saw with a sander on the back and I cannot find a thing about it, It was from the Royal International Corp Durex 13 Inch Scroll Saw Model number 28 Serial number 9803 .. I have searched and the company may be out of business but that is all I can find out.. Any Ideas? Thank you .

Attachments

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Hey, Keith; welcome!
I can't help with the question but there's lots of regulars here who are scrollers. I'm guessing somebody's heard of it(?)...
You might want to fill out your profile, it really helps when somebody is trying to figure out how much assistance they can offer...where in the World you are for instance.

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Very strange. I had posted another comment right after my first; it's not here?
Anyway, I enlarged the pic and noticed the CSA label! You're one of us Canucks!! :)

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Keith:

A few google links com up with Canadian locations - for sale ads on Kijiji. There's also links to some old discussions on Canadian woodworking forums regarding the Durex name.

I've got an old Craftsman 13" scroll saw, model 572.286710. They're not identical, but eerily similar. Wouldn't surprise me if this is an import by Sears.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
welcome Keith..

Reactions: Keith Maddox

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Hi Keith and welcome. I've moved your thread into the Scrolling sub forum. I don't have an answer for you either. Is there something specific you needed to know about your machine?

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Imported from Canada?! But where was it actually made? The 'net says Durex is from India...
I think Vince made be correct about the Sears connection.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
@DaninVan

...The 'net says Durex is from India...

Saw that too, Dan, made in India. Also saw on the net that the Durex brand might be imported BY "Royal International Corp." based out of Quebec.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ugh that saw doesn't have blade clamp.
Only piece of bend metal for instal blades with pin, it's horrible type of blade. Those blade cut horrible and not even. Suck off joy and self confident.
This early 1900 saw has better blade clamp with fast exchange / tension.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
You might put a post about your saw on the Scroll Saw Village forum. That's the best place for information and help about scroll saws.

Charley

1 - 16 of 16 Posts