Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished a flower pot stand made from Jatoba. I'll post some pics later. When looking through my stack of lumber, thinking about my next project, I came across a board that I bought a long time ago because I really liked the color and figure. When I asked the guy I bought it from what it was he said Jatoba. At the time I didn't know what that was so I just accepted it. Having just used quite a bit of it, this board is not Jatoba. I'd appreciate any help in identifying the wood. .

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just finished a flower pot stand made from Jatoba. I'll post some pics later. When looking through my stack of lumber, thinking about my next project, I came across a board that I bought a long time ago because I really liked the color and figure. When I asked the guy I bought it from what it was he said Jatoba. At the time I didn't know what that was so I just accepted it. Having just used quite a bit of it, this board is not Jatoba. I'd appreciate any help in identifying the wood. .
Old post, but it looks like Parota or something from that family.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. I looked up Parota wood and couldn't find any pictures that looked like this. Most of the Parota that I saw looked more like Monkey Pod, which I made a bench out of a few years ago.

Reactions: thtemplejr
1 - 3 of 3 Posts