Router Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have made my choice for a Triton router for my new table router. But not sure about which one to choose. I will build my table, I do cabinet work and build marble racer. Any help will be welcome. :)

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi thenewlion

If it's for the router table go for the 3 1/4 HP one you can get it for the same price as the 2 1/4 HP one... :)

http://www.sommerfeldtools.com/item.asp?n=trc001&d=161&b=2
http://www.sommerfeldtools.com/item.asp?n=mof001kc&d=161&b=2
or
bit higher from:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_g...lias=aps&field-keywords=Triton+router&x=0&y=0

But the 2 1/4 HP one from sommerfeldtools comes with many extra items like a lift kit..

================

thenewlion said:
I have made my choice for a Triton router for my new table router. But not sure about which one to choose. I will build my table, I do cabinet work and build marble racer. Any help will be welcome. :)

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Welcome to the forums thenewlion. Questions will be gladly answered if asked. Help is just a question away.

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Whilst I have the larger one permanently in my table, I must mention that the smaller one has the ability to adjust the height from above, this is an important factor for some people.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am now the proud owner of a Triton 3 1/4 hp router, the Triton router his my 3rd router along the Makita (20 years old and still in very good condition)and the craftsman (15 years old). When I visited the store this morning the had refurbished unit for $159. I have put the router thru the test and works like a new one.
I will now build the a router table to house the new arrival. I have ask one of my friend a machinist to build me a lift kit to adapt to the Triton, it will be a side monted one connecting to the micro adjuster knob. He seem to be very confident it will work. Will post picture when it is done.
Got to go got a table to build.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Good choice with the 3 1/4 Triton. It's maybe a bit heavy for free hand but that's just a good excuse for another router. It will cope with just about anything you want it to do in the table.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi thenewlion

Just my 2 cents

You don't need the lift kit :),, with a offset wrench you can change the bits from the top side of the table top,,,and the router only needs to move up or down by a inch the norm...
Most routers will not move the collet nut up over the top of the table..most come up flush or to say almost flush...and if you use a 3/8" thick mounting plate it will below the top..

But if you can get one made for zero go for it :) free is for me also..

http://www.sommerfeldtools.com/search.asp?p=1&w=&c=wrench&t=s

=============

thenewlion said:
I am now the proud owner of a Triton 3 1/4 hp router, the Triton router his my 3rd router along the Makita (20 years old and still in very good condition)and the craftsman (15 years old). When I visited the store this morning the had refurbished unit for $159. I have put the router thru the test and works like a new one.
I will now build the a router table to house the new arrival. I have ask one of my friend a machinist to build me a lift kit to adapt to the Triton, it will be a side monted one connecting to the micro adjuster knob. He seem to be very confident it will work. Will post picture when it is done.
Got to go got a table to build.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Do you mind saying what this attachment is? A marble roll.

Harrysin, you from OZ arent' you? With the big Triton you don't get the above table device? Not that has anything about you being for the OZ.

Thanks

Steve Bolton

Attachments

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
S Bolton said:
Do you mind saying what this attachment is? A marble roll.

Harrysin, you from OZ arent' you? With the big Triton you don't get the above table device? Not that has anything about you being for the OZ.

Thanks

Steve Bolton
Hi Steve, that's right, the big Triton, which was invented here in Australia, does not have above table height adjustment but is still in MY opinion just about the best router for table use.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts