Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Definitely interesting but what is it exactly? I mean I know it's a segmented turning which in itself is very cool and very time consuming but what function other then something to look at is it? Not that it has to have a function but I was looking for him to maybe cut it in half thickness wise and carve out the middle as a fancy serving dish or something. No doubt he has both skill and patience.

·
Premium Member
Retired since June 2000
15,059 Posts
Oh to have the patience and skill, it is amazing.

·
Administrator
David
3,976 Posts
Bet ya can't do that on a CNC.

David
Certainly could, if I were inclined to put the time into gluing all those pieces together and had a reason other than 'I told you I could'. :grin:

David

Edit - this took all of 5 minutes to draw in Fusion 360 though I didn't bother with the appearance to create all the little pieces nor did I go to the CAM portion to generate the toolpath. I would cut halfway, flip the piece, then cut the other half. This is 14" diameter but I could go up to about 24" if I wanted. Is there a market? :wink:

Tire Brown Automotive tire Font Automotive wheel system

David

·
Registered
834 Posts
Donuts

Certainly could, if I were inclined to put the time into gluing all those pieces together and had a reason other than 'I told you I could'. :grin:

David

Edit - this took all of 5 minutes to draw in Fusion 360 though I didn't bother with the appearance to create all the little pieces nor did I go to the CAM portion to generate the toolpath. I would cut halfway, flip the piece, then cut the other half. This is 14" diameter but I could go up to about 24" if I wanted. Is there a market? :wink:

View attachment 382685

David
Can't not !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts