Router Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
I use 3M that you can get from Home Depot and others.

They sale many types, the one I like is about 1/2" wide, it's quick and easy to use and remove.
But I try and use small short nails when it can they are cheap unlike tape, they don't show the small holes most of the time.

Here's a a tip, If you put down clear tape (packing tape on the pattern/blank stock) b/4 you put double side (2" wide carpet tape) on it will come off easy and clean.

Bj :)

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
I use the least expensive double sided carpet tape I can find. So far I have been trouble free.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts

·
Community Founder
6,782 Posts
Great links bobj, Froogle is definatly the best place to search for a great deal.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Walmart. Paint section. Carpet tape. Last I bought was $3.00 for 50'....I think.
Sticks good. Releases with lacquer thinner. Or, if the stock and pattern is strong enough, you can pry it apart...just barely. Tough stuff!

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Here's a a tip, If you put down clear tape (packing tape on the pattern/blank stock) b/4 you put double side (2" wide carpet tape) on it will come off easy and clean.

Bj :)
Old post but a great tip, BJ.. unless I'm the only one who's fought to get the double-stick tape off of a template. <g>

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Jim

When you want to get out of the car quick you tuck and roll ,same thing for the tape :)

=====

Old post but a great tip, BJ.. unless I'm the only one who's fought to get the double-stick tape off of a template. <g>

·
Registered
67 Posts
I use cloth type double sided tape for template attachment and to hold resawn 1/4" stock to a carrier board to sand it in my thickness sander. If the bond is not strong the part won't pass thru the sander evenly, but if the bond is too strong the thin stock will break when separated from the carrier.

Bj is right on the money (again) with his tip to use clear packing tape under and over the double-back. This method holds the parts together well but the parts are easier to release. Slightly more expensive but pretty worry free. A 25 yd roll lasts me for months.

Here's the site I use....

Buy Double-Sided Tapes at FindTape.com

·
Registered
420 Posts
Just used double sided carpet tape yesterday to hold some small wooden hinges down to a backing piece so i could put them through the thicknesser worked a treat. Here in Australia you can get 2 types of carpet tape one is classed permanent the other is temporary. The temporary doesn't hold very well the permanent sticks like the brown stuff to a blanket. Both are available from Bunnings, your equivalent of Lowe's. Both made in China.

Harold

1 - 14 of 14 Posts