Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering a Harbor Freight 34102 Dovetail Machine and would appreciate your input pertinent to this purchase. Anyone have any tips or ideas that may help?
Thanks,
Oaknot

·
Registered
229 Posts
I bought one a few years ago, with the intent to make finger jointed speaker cabinets. I haven't tried it yet, but they get good reviews, if you remove the burrs on the metal guides prior to usage. I paid $28 after discount coupon. Should be fine.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
In general for any DT machine, you need to pay attention to the collar size needed. Usually it is sold separately. I've seen reports that on the HF unit there is some variation in the actual size (vs the documented size). Some guy was complaining that the correct collar size was actually slightly too large.

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
Those are designed to the old tried and true original design that everyone sold before they got the fancy jigs they got now. They are easy to learn and do a cookie cutter job that works ,but nothing to get excited about.
Welcome to the forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.