Router Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A customer asked me to make him a table frame. He has a piece of Bubinga 4' 6" wide and 10' 6" long.
He also has some Douglas Fir to make the legs and apron. He is a business man here in town but he is
taking the frame to one of his homes in another state, so I had to make it in pieces so he could transport it.
I cut one side of the dovetail on the table saw (2x6 is a stop) The other side I used a circular saw. I hogged
out the middle on the router table (had to use an extension). The end pieces 6x6's are glued together. The
long 4x4 side pieces he will just have to drop in the dovetail slots when he gets it home. The cracks in the 6x6's
were filled with epoxy. Couple coats of Danish Oil on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
nicely done..

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
David I haven't seen the Bubinga. I friend has a 4'x4' piece and it is exceptionally beautiful with all
kinds of curl and colors.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
David do you use Bubinga in the guitars you make? Have you made anything else out of Bubinga.
It is so dense and heavy it must be hard to work with.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
That's gonna be a helluva table!

·
Registered
230 Posts
That a good design Knott Working. It’s been a while since I’ve seen anyone attempt such a large dovetail joint like that. It’s kind of sad it will never be seen once the table top goes on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts