Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to cut out 2 holes for draw fronts to be inserted flush with the face of the box, that i am making. The draw fronts will be rebated so i need to cut out the holes in the front face of my box rebate it but i cannot figuar out how to cut this out. my wood is 1/2" thick by4 3/4"x2'long I have a trend t5 router various bits and a lot of firewood also a router table HELP.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
2" forstner bit

===

i want to cut out 2 holes for draw fronts to be inserted flush with the face of the box, that i am making. The draw fronts will be rebated so i need to cut out the holes in the front face of my box rebate it but i cannot figuar out how to cut this out. my wood is 1/2" thick by4 3/4"x2'long I have a trend t5 router various bits and a lot of firewood also a router table HELP.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cannot find what i am looking for in the vidioes.The holes i am wanting to cut are for the draws to slide in and out of,this is my dilema they ar 3 1/4wide by 8"long,
rebated with a 1/4"rebate as will the draw fronts. all the boxes are 1/2"thick timber the end result will be a 3 tier box for fishing tackle 1 tier will have 2 draws in it

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi
What "vidioes" are you looking at ?

======

quote=drainman;203647]I cannot find what i am looking for in the vidioes.The holes i am wanting to cut are for the draws to slide in and out of,this is my dilema they ar 3 1/4wide by 8"long,
rebated with a 1/4"rebate as will the draw fronts. all the boxes are 1/2"thick timber the end result will be a 3 tier box for fishing tackle 1 tier will have 2 draws in it[/quote]

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was hoping that it can show me how to cut the drawfront holes out and the only way i think it can be done is to mark it out and use a jigsaw and then procced with the router

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I was hoping that it can show me how to cut the drawfront holes out and the only way i think it can be done is to mark it out and use a jigsaw and then procced with the router
Hi david - I guess I'm having trouble visualizing/understanding just what you want to do. :confused: Can you post some pics of an example?
Seems like if it can be done with a jigsaw, it can be done with a template and a router much more neatly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.