·
Registered
11,747 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Antonio

I love jigs and that's one of the better ones I have seen, good job and thanks for sharing :) it's one of the ones you say why didn't I think of that :)

==

I would like to share with the Forum a jig that I've mader for my Dremel to do some inlay work with a Proxxon flex-shaft.

This is the result, a guitar scale inlayed with abalone and mother of pearl

·
Registered
487 Posts
Excellent jig.

Like BobJ I also am into jigs. I spend more time working on jigs & fixtures than on woodworking projects and end up with a dozen unfinished boxes and clocks just lying around the shop. Stew-Mac has something akin to this that uses the Dremel tool itself screwed into the jig. I had thought about trying to copy the jig but just bought it instead. The link below takes you to the Stew-Mac jig

STEWMAC.COM : Pictures of Precision Router Set

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Ken, I already know this jig, but, what append is, that the weight of the Dremel it self, rests on the jig, that makes the precision work a bit difficult to control, instead of, using a flex-shaft is more on the control, is very light weight and the Proxxon one is very good comparing with the Dremel one.

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Most excellent Antonio!!! Inlay and line and berry work came to mind instantly when I saw your jig. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
need to allow 3rd party cookies to see photos...

Attachments

·
Registered
Rick
17,592 Posts
Such a shame that photos are not available after a period of time, as they could be very useful.
Only because Photobucket doesn’t let you post your pictures on other sites anymore . Well that’s unless you pay an outlandish monthly fee to Photobucket.

I’m now using Imgur for postings pics

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,358 Posts
Photobucket wants $400/year to allow 3rd party hosting. That's the only way it works unless Tetiaroa, who hasn't posted since Feb. 2012, wants to upload the photos directly to the servers here.

David

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.