Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old Craftsman Joiner/planer model 149236321 that the blades are no longer available. The blades are 5 1/8 inch. I can get bar stock cut to the correct dimensions but there are 3 oblong holes to secure and adjust the blade height. Any suggestions? Also, if you happen to know a source for the replacement blades, please let me know.

Thanks,
Pug

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
G'day. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Hello Pug, welcome aboard.

Just thinking out loud...if the blades are not available and you end up paying 2 or 3 times the rate of retail knives...it may not take long to justify a more recent 6" jointer. About a year ago i paid $100 for a Delta variable speed bench-top, which i sold last weekend for $125 because about 6 months ago i found a Grizzly long-bed for $100 on Craigslist. In both cases, the knives they use are still used in new models so they are easily (and relatively cheaply) available.

Compared to custom-making knives, scouring Craigslist (or ebay if you're lucky enough to find one in driving range) may be a good investment. All that goes out the window if you have an emotional attachment to the tool--and that's understandable.

·
Registered
111 Posts
A year or so ago I bought some blades on ebay from a company and they had several differant sizes. I dont remember the name but I know I seen them on there not long age.Just a thought have looked into getting a set of 6 1/8 blades and cutting them off?

·
Premium Member
Retired since June 2000
15,007 Posts
Drilling SS is no problem using Cobalt twist drills which are readily available. Perhaps a firmly held angle grinder might be a good idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts