Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a UK Trend CRT MkIII with a resin insert plate and plastic insert rings. I also have a DeWalt D26204k combi router. My problem is that there re no pre-drilled holes on the Insert Plate to suit my router and, more problematically, any holes that I would have to drill would have to be in the plastic insert rings and not in the main resin insert plate. Am I missing something and does anybody have any suggestions so that I can use these together? Don't really want to make a complete new Insert Plate.

Many thanks

Michael

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Absolutely - my concern was over the plastic insert ring. All I can think of is to make a sub-plate that fits under the Trend Insert Plate and then allows the DeWalt D26204 to be mounted. Will need some drilling and tapping but my only other option is to change router and/or router table as you say. But how do you know which router tables will take which routers? Not as if you can pop down the road to check.......

M.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies - really appreciated. Looks like I managed to buy two incompatible tools!! Should have come here first but mistakenly thought any router would suit a router table. Not planning to do any heavy work, so D26204K is probably OK but being a new user I wanted a table to help me. Or maybe i will just sell them both on eBay UK and move on :-(

Thank you again for all your help and guidance. You guys rock!

Michael.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.