Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not very long ago a member posted a SketchUp drawing of a drinks tray and asked for suggestions as to how to go about it. Believing that a picture is worth a thousand words, I actually made one in order to show how I went about it. Well, since then my wife decided that it required less maintenance than the silver one presently in use so I decided to pretty it up by rounding the corners as shown in these additional photographs. To make the project complete I've also posted a pdf showing showing all the stages involved.

Attachments

·
Registered
501 Posts
Harry that looks great.

What materials and finish did you use? I would think condensation will be a major concern.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
That is a nice "medicine" tray, Harry. ;) Just one suggestion though. How about adding handles? Wouldn't that make it easier to pick up?

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Thanks Harry. I know you have mentioned adding a small light to your router in other posts and now I see how simple it really is. I like it. Looks like I have a small project ahead.

·
Official Greeter
18,734 Posts
No space for an ice bucket?????.......LOL

Thanks Harry.

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Hey George, Harry don't need no stinkin' handles. One he sets it down, that's it.
James, Harry doesn't use ice. It dilutes his drink to much.
Other wise, very nice job and description of you tray Harry. Appreciate all the pics.

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Harry that looks great.

What materials and finish did you use? I would think condensation will be a major concern.
Steve, the material is plastic veneered MDF and the raw parts just have two coats of Shellac. Condensation will never be a problem, the decanter is far too heavy empty let alone full so there will be no spills and the house is fully air-conditioned, in the summer around two buckets of water are extracted each day. This shot shows how my medicine is now dispensed, the tray is purely for decoration!

Attachments

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is a nice "medicine" tray, Harry. ;) Just one suggestion though. How about adding handles? Wouldn't that make it easier to pick up?
It's been a while George, we must have a get-together on Skype soon. I did consider handles but it was of course originally made simply as a demonstration to show my method. The feet that I fitted allow fingertips to grip it, however, it won't surprise me if one day I suddenly decide to make handles for it, keep looking!

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Harry. I know you have mentioned adding a small light to your router in other posts and now I see how simple it really is. I like it. Looks like I have a small project ahead.
Also see this pdf showing how I made an illuminated base for the router that is permanently on skis.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No space for an ice bucket?????.......LOL

Thanks Harry.
Dave has answered you question James! It really is sacrilege to add water to Scotch Whiskey!
My thanks to you all for you kind remarks.

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Harry, the only question I have is how are you going to get that here by Friday? :fie:

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Harry, the only question I have is how are you going to get that here by Friday? :fie:
I'm so sorry Mike I've only just seen your post, perhaps for your next birthday!

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
neat project! your write-ups are so well documented, thanks!
It's feedback like yours that keeps me going Ned., thank you.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Harry

Nice job now you need to go to the next step and add some wooden dowels to the bottom side and you will have a nice walker to make it a bit easy-er to get to the shop plus a shot on the way :)
Plus maybe add a flash light like on your router to light the way back after dark..

==

1 - 20 of 28 Posts