Router Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subject: F-16 Drones

These fly out of Tyndell Airforce Base, Panama City, Florida.

F16 DRONES - ALMOST UNBELIEVABLE ! This is awesome!

Didn't realize drone technology had advanced this far so quickly. They are using up their obsolete F-16's. Not a good day for the future of manned aircraft. Seems like the PILOT is on the endangered list.

This little four minute video is really something. A first for a full size jet airplane. Thousands of planes that were grave yard bound, with costs in the hundreds of millions, can now be used as never before.

These F-16's Boeing aircraft have been in the bone yard at Davis-Monahan for 15 years, and now being used as drones.

Large Video Player 686x436

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
that's pretty cool...

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,788 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Wow. Thanks, Harry. The days of George Jetson draw even nearer.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Thanks for sharing, Harry. That works until someone hacks the computer system and the drone lands some place it shouldn't. Same with driverless cars. Or the computer crashes. Anyone had that happen? Compared to me, Murphy was an optimist.

Funny story along the same idea. My father worked for an R&D company in the 50's. One project in the works was a remote controlled lawn mower financed by a major company. OK. Ready? The big day came. Several people from the company and the R&D folks were to witness the inaugural run. It worked fine until it came time to turn. No turn! Instead, the mower ran straight through a beautiful, well-kept flower bed in the circular driveway in front of the main office. Back to the drawing board!

I saw a sign in an office: To err is human: to really screw it up, you need a computer.

·
Premium Member
17,430 Posts
I can hardly imagine the changes we will see in another decade at this pace . I have this feeling pilots will be obsolete in some degree . Hopefully someone doesn't figure out how to hack into these drones and turn them on ourselves :fie:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts