Router Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
new to the fourm and also the router work shop,great show lots of info.
I have a router like the one used on the show and am now ready to build the table for it. Question where can I get a drop in base like the one on the show short of making one also any Ideas on the design of a table.
Thanks
Deacon

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Deacon, Welcome to the forum. It is not difficult to build the table you see on the show. You can buy it ready built at the Oak Park site along with the mounting plate, fence, clamps, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi all
I noticed on show that Rick is using a different Porter Cable router, does not seem to be a plunge type, any one know which model that it is? He removes the motor from the base to replace bits.There also seems to be a leaver to move the base to set depth.

Deacon

·
Registered
26 Posts
VDenchy said:
Need help on making a drop in base. I have a piece of alum. 1/4 x 12 x 12". How do I go about this? Any place to see a plan? Vince
Looks like you have the raw material and making a plate should be a piece of cake. Easiest way would be to remove the plastic shoe on your router.
Lay it on the plate and use it to layout all needed holes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.