Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new drum sander and the old one had a shelf under it ,so of course it got stacked with scraps of lumber,which kept falling on the floor. When I got this new one I figured it was tine to make a storage cabinet under it to keep the all the sanding stuff.

This is what I came up with:

Herb

Attachments

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More Pictures:

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
that is AWESOME!!! Herb...
KUDOS!!!

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Tom...
looks like Herb is giving you a run for your money

Reactions: jj777746

·
Registered
22,231 Posts
Wow, that is really nice. I too have built cabinets for all my bench tools, but I haven't yet gotten around to putting drawers in them. Putting a door and/or tight fitting drawer fronts like that on your stands really helps keep the sawdust out. I like the way you made the cabinet to fit within the steel frame.

My DP sits on a cabinet that was originally designed to keep my shop laptop from freezing. It had a radiant barrier lining, plus 2 inches of foam lining the entire inside and a greenhouse thermstat that controlled a 40 watt incandescent bulb. A thermometer inside showed it never got below 45 degrees, even with freezing weather and snow outside. The foam lining precluded drawers, so I installed shelves separated by vertical 1/2 inch ply. I should probably add drawers, but that would require pulling out the foam insulation. I just can't bring myself to do that. The thermostat now controls the heat in my office shed and keeps the computers and printers warm.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Reactions: hawkeye10

·
Registered
232 Posts
I just bought a new thickness sander as well and mounted it on my 50 year old radial arm saw base that I finally gave up on. So I will be stealing your idea. I never would have thought about putting drawers under it but it's a great way to make use of that space. However, mine won't look as nice as yours. You did an excellent job.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.