Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a set od drum sanders. Slid one of the two inch "belts" around the drum, chuck'd er up and hit the switch. Appears to me a body would be well advised to run those things at slower speeds. What say the Wise Wood Men...slower speeds for drum sanders?
Incidentally, the little set I bought has five or six drums, clear down to a 3/4" with "belts" or "sleeves" to fit. What would a guy use that small a sanding drum for?
Thanks. :confused:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bob3: The drums I bought are only 2" or so long, by various diameters. Got a set of them from Rockler, just down the road from me. I use them on a BIG 5-Speed Chicago drill press I bought at a farm sale for $50!!! Way more than I need but Jeeze...who could pass it up!!
My instincts were right.....slower speeds.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was the first set Bob. I have thought about the fancier one for later maybe. But when I slowed by drill press down to 750RPM it made a BIG difference. Oh...any trick to getting the sleeves to stay on? They sorta adhere on their own in a way don't thry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.