Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ok I have a perfectly fine 14" band saw that does wonders for me, I use it probably everyday and it has never let me down. However I find at times I am changing blades back and forth for different projects so how to rectify this....get a second band saw....this one is a little bigger and the larger size will come in handy on it's own here is the newest family member not new but new for me....

Attachments

·
Registered
933 Posts
Good move!

·
Premium Member
20,498 Posts
Nice saw. Hope you got a great deal too. Having two saws is a really good thing just for the reason you got it.

·
Administrator
David
3,985 Posts
Good move, Tony.

We have the Laguna 14 SUV with 1" Resaw King carbide blade and a tall fence but the bandsaw I use most is my 1950 King-Seeley 12". I keep a 1/4" fairly fine tooth blade in it and use it about as much as I use my table saw. Hardly a day goes by that I don't use that little 12" saw.

David

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
My neighbor traded off his 12" bandsaw a few years ago for a 14" and within 2 weeks had acquired another 12" becuase "I hate changing blades". Works for me, particualry since he is kind enough to allow me access to either.

·
Premium Member
Rick
17,545 Posts
I'd love to have that GI one in my shop to compliment my other GI tools . Was wondering which model that was and if your happy with it . Is it for steel only, or can it be dual purpose?
Unfortunately I don't have room for two

·
Premium Member
20,498 Posts
I do have a 12 inch in my shop for general use. I keep the 14 inch Laguna in the garage with the wood prep tools. I find the 12 inch Rikon just right for most things I do in the shop. Keep a half inch blade on it, but have down to 3/16ths for finer cuts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts