Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished tuning up a Cyclone unit today:

Works just as well as the Dust Deputy, for a 1/3 of a price. Did require some hands-on though. Also, by sheer luck, my Stanley vac hose fits in perfectly. The triple gasket prevents any loss of suction, I’m quite happy with the result.

Now, for the questions:

What do you gents and ladies recommend for hoses ? Diameter, adjustments, material, manufacturer ? I plan on installing a series of T or Y connectors with blast gates, for at least 4-5 ends.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
you don't want T's or elbows.. Wye's and sweeps instead..

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I used flex hose from Lee Valley to get from the machines to 4" galvanized ducting that are the main runs. The metal ducting is cheaper, smoother, and allowed me to ground them more easily.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
I used flex hose from Lee Valley to get from the machines to 4" galvanized ducting that are the main runs. The metal ducting is cheaper, smoother, and allowed me to ground them more easily.
the LV hose is some upper class hose... good stuff..
I did the same as you excluding the sizes..
I also used saddles instead of fittings...
this allowed me to put a tap exactly where I wanted/needed a take off and I used longer sticks of pipe resulting in fewer joints which the longer sections reduced cost......
the saddles made for way easier changes and lowered the fitting count drastically...
also, I put the trunk line close to the floor...
this made for a way shorter runs which used less material which saved quite a bit of money as in a lot...
and the efficiency of the DC improved markedly...

some reading... https://www.routerforums.com/featured-topics/69834-tips-installing-dust-collection-system.html#post697514

Attachments

Reactions: Nickp and JFPNCM

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Am I missing something or is this gasket supposed to go under the flange?

View attachment 371191

David

I put 3 gaskets there. 1 between the flange and the throat, 1 between the flange and the lid and the last one between the supporting plate and the lid. No loss of suction whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.