Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In discussion with Cricket a new sub forum has been created dealing specifically with dust control issues such as dust collectors, dust collector piping, fittings, and attachments, user worn personal dust control devices, and dust hazard discussions.

We've always seen interest in this issue and it seems that it is gradually becoming more of a hot topic as more people are finding out how hazardous workshop dust is to their lungs and health in general. We are also seeing new members now who appear to have come to this forum to see what information is available here. By having that information in one clearly identifiable place will help in accessing what information has been shared here.

I know there is one active dust control discussion at this time which I'll move into this forum now and if anyone knows of or comes across old threads on the subject please contact myself or one of the other Moderators and we will move that thread to this subforum with the exception of threads that Cricket started as discussion topics. She asked that those threads stay put. We hope everyone will find this an improvement by having DC issues stand alone now.

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,198 Posts
Perfect timing for me! In the next couple of weeks I plan to convert/modify my HF dust collector to a two-stage unit and planned to document the steps for posting.

David

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Kudos to Charles and Cricket for looking out for us. This is a topic that definitely needs to be updated regularly. The discussions to date have been very beneficial and I have made several upgrades to my DC system based on those discussions and as a result my neighbor has copied a number of the same. It is never to late to realize the value of good air.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
thanks Charles...

Reactions: Admin

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice idea. There was a very long discussion a couple of years in which many technical issues were covered.
If you come across it again Tom then copy the URL and pm it to me and I'll move it into the new sub forum.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just saw an advert for a “new” air cleaning system aimed at the woodworking market:

https://www.axiomstratus.com/

Spendy.
This should be in it`s own thread Jon so if someone else hears about it they can find it that way. I`ll copy it into it`s own thread and any discussion can take place there.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Sticky???

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
thanks Alexis for the vote...

·
Registered
21,703 Posts
If you come across it again Tom then copy the URL and pm it to me and I'll move it into the new sub forum.
Searched but couldn't find it. Search on this site defeats me most of the time. difalkner posted many of the items and it was about cfpm measures before and after modificaiton with a new, larger impeller.

Maybe David knows where it is. Covered a lot of ground.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
It is a coincidence, isn't it?
Just a short time after Sticky posts regarding DC, a new subforum was created.
I think that Sticky deserves a lot of credit for this idea. Not only for DC-related issues but other safety topics he is always emphasizing.
the credit goes to Cricket and Cherryville...
the sub-forum was created then I posted...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.