Router Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just looked at cpo site and saw a dw618 combo kit recon for $140 something.was wondering if its a good deal and how cpo is as an outlet.thanks for any response

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
I have bought several powertools fro CPO and they are very good . Their reconditioned tools are as good as new and half the price. I would recommend them to anyone.
Herb

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
I have bought several powertools fro CPO and they are very good . Their reconditioned tools are as good as new and half the price. I would recommend them to anyone.
Herb
+1 What he said.
My last purchase was the DeWalt portable table saw. Looks and operates like a new one.

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
CPO is popular with forum members Curt as is the 618. You would not go wrong with either of them. I would encourage you to try the controls and adjustments on as many routers as possible before making a purchase. The more information you have the happier you will be with your purchase. I have tried most routers available in the US and I prefer the Bosch 1617EVSPK combo kit but that does not mean you will. Getting the opinions of others can be a help in the purchase decision but in the end you have to be comfortable using the router and only you can decide which is the right choice for you.

Reactions: ksidwy

·
Premium Member
19,240 Posts
Another 1617 fan. The DW has a lower center of gravity and is a fine machine, I just don't like the height adjustment as well on the Dewalt. The Bosch has a very long list of accessories, although I don't know much about accessories for the DW these days.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I bought a DW618B3 kit (the three base version) several years back and liked it so much I ended up buying a second. They are my GO-TO routers for most of the routing that I do. Just one problem - DAMHIKT I had to put different colored tape on the top of the motors because I frequently use both routers at the same time (like when doing dovetails) and with different bits and settings it was easy to grab the wrong one. Now I do the pins with the red one and tails with the blue one.

Charley

·
Retired Moderator
5,688 Posts
Had my DW618 for about 10 years now and never had any problems. I have purchased several items from cpo over the years and have nothing but good things to say about them. I think you are making a good choice on both counts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
re:dw618

thanks to all for the input.I ordered and should be here today or tomorrow.already revamping my table and lift tho have to wait for final assembly until the machine arrives.pulling out my pc 7519.loved the machine,but with no vs was limited to smaller bits.guess it'll go on CL as have no interest in man handling the monster.

·
Premium Member
19,240 Posts
I bought a DW618B3 kit (the three base version) several years back and liked it so much I ended up buying a second. They are my GO-TO routers for most of the routing that I do. Just one problem - DAMHIKT I had to put different colored tape on the top of the motors because I frequently use both routers at the same time (like when doing dovetails) and with different bits and settings it was easy to grab the wrong one. Now I do the pins with the red one and tails with the blue one.

Charley
Good idea on the tape.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts