Router Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am looking at buying the DW625E LX Type 6 and intend to use it for fitting a kitchen worktop.

Would this router be good enough for the job I want?

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think it would be right for the job. I have its baby brother, the dw621, and its all the router I need for most projects. The 625 is more beefier and more HP. Torgue would be a issue if it's not a slow start up.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
The 625 is a pretty good router and so are the other DeWalts. I have a 610 and 611, both small ones. The only issue with a big router is the larger footprint and the weight. Sometimes a small one is better for small trim jobs but they are limited to small bits also. I and a few others say that if this is your first router then get a big plunge. It will be more versatile.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Cherryville.
I have has a few routers but I have never used them for a kitchen worktop. Just wondered if the 625e-lx was suitable.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I've used a Freud and a Hitachi as large as that. You don't usually need to. My little 611 will do most of what I need regarding counter tops such as laminate trimming and flush trimming the build up along the edges but the big ones will too, just a little harder to manhandle. For edge work using one of the big routers I find it easier if the router is mounted to an offset base of some type which includes the insert plate for my router table.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I have that model without the 'E'. It was the first 'big boys' router I bought. I cannot fault it in any way. I did, however, buy 2 other collets for it as the one that came with it was 1/2" and I have 8mm and 1/4" bits too. So I bought the collets for them. It's easy enough to switch them out and carry on routing. I'm still to add a couple of small led torches on it so they light up where the bit is going to cut but that's in the pipeline.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Harry Sinclair added one or two to his Makita 3612 Angie but that was quite a while ago when he posted pictures.

Reactions: richie176

·
Registered
114 Posts
The DW625 is a very suitable router for kitchen worktop jointing. I've used a DW625 and its' predecessor the Elu MOF177e for this task for more than 25 years and I must have done several hundred by now. The only downside, I'd say, is that te dust extraction isn't that hot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts