Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received one of these as a gift last year, but never used it. I have a project now that's perfectly suited to spray finish (acrylic trim paint). I set it up using water just to get the feel and it leaked. I called their customer service and they diagnosed it as a part. Further they would send out the new part, no charge.

I know they are located right here in the Twin Cities so I asked if I could just pick it up - I could have it tomorrow instead of Monday. They refused! I don't get it. What a bunch of crap.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
It might be they don't have people hired to meet with the public but they do have a shipping department.

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
some companies just don't want to deal with the public one on one....Honestly, I don't blame em...

(not a reflection on berry btw!!!)

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
And it could be that parts are housed elsewhere. Or contracted fulfillment (which might prohibit them from allowing), or as mentioned--no retail staffing, or...maybe just plain policy that has no impact on the 99.8% of us that live like 8 hours away.

That said--if it was me i'd feel exactly the same way you do!!

Good luck!!
earl

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
I received one of these as a gift last year, but never used it. I have a project now that's perfectly suited to spray finish (acrylic trim paint). I set it up using water just to get the feel and it leaked. I called their customer service and they diagnosed it as a part. Further they would send out the new part, no charge.

I know they are located right here in the Twin Cities so I asked if I could just pick it up - I could have it tomorrow instead of Monday. They refused! I don't get it. What a bunch of crap.
Did they give you a reason?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did they give you a reason?
Nope and I'm not very assertive and didn't push. I sure could have used this weekend to spray, after a number of sub 0 days the temps are supposed to close to 30°.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Berry
I would give them another call (but that's just me) - maybe you got someone that was having a bad day - if they give you a valid reason then you live with it, otherwise, you never know, you might just be able to pick it up. Nothing to lose but a few minutes on the phone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts